Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thrifting Favorites: Segment 2


All of my thrifted items are special to me. I believe that anything you search for, unexpectedly come across, alter, salvage, or bring back to life will bring you more satisfaction than any run of the mill item ever can. That being said, here are a few of my all time faves..





This. This thing right here. I came across this at my local salvation army and was immediately smitten. I don't even use it to hold anything substantial (hence its use as a rubber-band holder), but the floral pattern is to die for. This is actually the pattern I intend to get tattooed on myself in the near near future.




















This shirt right here was reincarnated from the life of one poor ugly dress that I came across at the sazz vintage warehouse (which you must must must visit). I am obviously a sucker for floral print, and this one was too good to pass up. I cut the dress in half, made the top into a crop top and I am currently converting the bottom half of the dress into a skirt.



Lastly, whenever thrifting I always keep my peepers open to awesome fabrics. Even if that fabric happens to be constructed into the most horrendous, boxy, ten times too large pair of overalls, it can be recycled into something awesome and more flattering. Fabric is killer expensive, but buying an article of clothing containing awesome fabric from a thrift store is not. Here's a few of my faves that consist of a boxy button up, a too long velvet dress, and old curtains.




-Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment