Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Fruit Signs

Happy Easter! ( If you celebrate!) Unlike most, I spent the weekend working! It was a busy holiday for us working at a hotel. My mind spent most of the day planning projects in my head. This one included. I think when I work too much, my brain starts to wander in making other projects. I really can't help it! I have been thinking about making a vegan chicken salad for my other blog as well. I wasn't ever really a fan of chicken salad, but for some reason I have been craving it! This post is about fruit signs however and I will tell you how I made these signs! 

I am not sure how many of you indulged in fruit stampers as a kid. In kindergarten, we started with fruit stampers. SO with that being said, I was excited to try this as an adult. I thought it would be cool to make some signs that could hang in your kitchen. 


Paint, sponge brushes, fruit, paper! (If you decide to try out forks/ knives/ and spoons like I did, then very carefully, you need to hammer the spoon and fork flat before dipping in paint.) 




I decided to use wood letters for stamping! You can make your own stamps, OR buy stampers. These stampers were on sale at Michaels, and I liked the font, so I went with these. 


Dip your apples/ avacados/pears/ whatever fruit you use, in paint, and stamp away! I would choose fruits that have seeds. It will give it more of a shape on the paper. If it is just flat, with no holes, it will make it hard to tell what kind of fruit you are using!  I think even doing a fruit like starfruit would be a neat look!  I really liked this canvas type paper I found, it gave it more of a rustic look.

Finished product! 



Happy stamping! 
Miss Jillybean





No comments:

Post a Comment